Omron HEM-8712 Blood Pressure Monitor is a fully automated blood pressure monitor with digital display which helps to keep track of your blood pressure and towards effective health management.
It is easy to get stressed out, in today’s world of competition. The stress leads to high blood pressure (also called hypertension). High blood pressure weakens and sometimes damages the blood vessels. This increases the risk of heart diseases or stroke. Check out choosing best blood pressure monitor to know more about how the blood pressure monitors work and what things should be considered for getting one for home use.
Omron HEM-8712 Blood Pressure Monitor comes in a 13 * 12 * 17 cm box and weights around 580 grams.
- 1 Monitor
- 1 Cuff (Medium Size, 22-32 cm)
- 4 AA Batteries (Battery life for 1000 runs)
- User Manuals (English and Hindi)
The monitor has a diagonal design. This design makes the screen easily view-able from different positions. There is only a single START/STOP button on the monitor while makes it user friendly, and do not overwhelm the user with any complexity.
Setting up Omron HEM-8712 Blood Pressure Monitor is fairly simple. Just insert the batteries in the monitor, insert air plug of cuff to the air jack of monitor and put your arm through the cuff loop.
BP Monitor also comes with user manuals in both Hindi and English to guide you with the process:
These manuals can be easily followed by anyone to set it up and get ready to take a measurement.
There is only a single button on the monitor to START taking the measurement. On pressing the button, the attached cuff will start inflating to cut off the blood flow temporarily, and then it will start deflating slowly to detect the systolic pressure (SYS) and diastolic pressure (DIA) along with Pulse rate.
The monitor will automatically turn off after 2 minutes of taking the measurement or you can press the same button again to STOP or turn it off.
Omron HEM-8712 Blood Pressure Monitor is a highly accurate device and also comes with body movement detection which makes it stand apart. However, it is important that you sit correctly while taking the measurement to get accurate measurements.
Keep following things in mind while taking a measurement:
- Your body should be in a rest position while taking the measurement. You need to be relaxed and comfortably seated.
- Sit on a chair with your feet flat on floor. Sit upright with your back straight.
- The arm cuff should be at the same level as your heart.
- Do not bath, drink alcohol or caffeine, smoke, exercise or eat 30 minutes before taking a measurement.
- Try not to move while taking the measurement. Device comes with a sensor called oscillator which senses the blood flow and moving can result in inaccurate measurement.
Omron HEM-8712 Blood Pressure Monitor comes with 5 years extended warranty. Omron’s 5 years warranty period is much higher than that of other brands which make it a reliable choice.